A whole host of fun activities have been announced to take place for children in Leyland over the Easter break.
From Easter egg hunts around the town centre to arts and crafts at Worden Park’s Walled Garden, there are plenty of free events to keep the kids entertained over the next couple of weeks.
Here’s what’s in store - but note children must be accompanied by adults at all of the events:
Wednesday, April 9
- Easter Hunt, Worden Park. Meet in the Arts Centre courtyard at 10am. Cost is £2 per child and booking is essential from 01772 625625.
- Easter Egg Treasure Hunt, Moss Side Playing Fields. Meet at the mobile unit, next to the pavilion off Moss Side Way, 2pm. Booking essential from 01772 625625.
- Make a Bug House, Walled Garden, Worden Park. Cost is £5 per child.
Friday, April 11
- Easter Bunny Hunt, Seven Stars shops. Forms from Voie Hairdressing, Leyland Lane, from 10am until noon.
- Easter Bunny Hunt, Leyland Library.
Saturday, April 12
- Special Easter event around Leyland town centre, from 1pm until 4pm. Includes children’s workshops outside Peppermint Cottage and Poppy’s Florist on Hough Lane; an Easter egg hunt in various shops around the town (forms from Peppermint Cottage); a colouring competition at Leyland Market; and Easter bonnet competition at Peek a Brew, Hough Lane.
Monday, April 14
- Reptile Rescue Room, Walled Garden, Worden Park, at 10am.
Wednesday, April 16
- Make a Wild Bird Peanut Feeder, Walled Garden, Worden Park, at 10.30am. £5 per child.
Saturday and Sunday, April 19 and 20
- Family Easter Egg Hunt, Walled Garden, Worden Park, from 10.30am on Saturday until 2pm on Sunday.