Bathroom badly damaged in 'towel rail' fire

Crews were called to the incident on Euxton Road
Crews were called to the incident on Euxton Road

A bathroom in Euxton was badly damaged following a fire that involved a heated towel rail, say fire services.

Two fire engines were called to the blaze on the Croft that started at around 6pm on 21 March.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hose-reel jet to extinguish a fire involving an electrically heated towel rail in the bathroom. They also set up a portable fan unit to extract the smoke.

"Fortunately nobody was inside the property when we arrived as they had been alerted to the fire by smoke alarms."

There were no casualties.