Fire services called to chip pan blaze in Preston

Two fire engines attended the incident in Talbot Road at around 7pm.
Two fire engines attended the incident in Talbot Road at around 7pm.

Fire crews were called to a property in Preston yesterday evening (4 January 2017) to reports of a kitchen fire.

Two fire engines attended the blaze in Talbot Road at around 7pm.

It is thought that the fire was caused by a chip pan, say fire officers.

Firefighters used a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire and clear smoke from the property.

There were no injuries reported.