Second family become ill on boat in Windermere

Lake Windermere, where the boat in which Kelly Webster and Lauren Thornton were found was moored
Lake Windermere, where the boat in which Kelly Webster and Lauren Thornton were found was moored
0
Have your say

Another family have been taken to hospital and police are warning boat users about carbon monoxide poisoning following a second incident in the Lake District.

Police are advising Lake Windermere users to follow carbon monoxide safety advice after a family became ill on a boat at the weekend.

An ambulance was called on Saturday evening when the family became ill after leaving the boat engine running with the canopy closed.

They were taken to Royal Lancaster Infirmary and were released after treatment.

It comes after Leyland mum Kelly Webster and her daughter Lauren Thornton died whilst on a sailing trip in Bowness over Easter.

Police believe they were poisoned by carbon monoxide fumes from a faulty generator on Monday, April 1.

Officers are advising lake users to ensure they follow appropriate safety advice before embarking on a trip to the Lake District and consult with the Lake Wardens office if they have any doubts or require further advice.