Family make quick escape from pan fire

editorial image
Share this article

A family had to make a quick escape from their home after a pan caught fire.

Firefighters were called to a property on Broadfield Drive, Leyland, at 6.45pm on Friday.

A Lancashire Fire spokesman said: “A pan caught fire after being left on a stove in the kitchen.

“The house suffered smoke damage to the kitchen and hallway.

“The rooms were ventilated by crews after the small fire was put out.

“The family was outside the house on arrival and nobody was hurt.”