Firefighters from across central Lancashire were in Leyland this morning to deal with a chimney fire.
Fire crews from Bamber Bridge and Chorley, along with the Aerial Ladder Platform from Preston, were called to a home in Bent Lane at 5.42am.
A spokesman from Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The caller believed the fire may involve the log burner due to a smell from the chimney and walls being hot.
"When firefighters arrived they investigated the heat source and gained access to the chimney.
"They extinguished the fire using a nimbus nozzle and were in attendance approximately two hours and fifteen minutes."
No casualties were reported.