Fire crews tackle boiled egg blaze

Leyland news
Leyland news
Share this article

Firefighters were called to a Leyland home after a boiled egg caught fire at the weekend.

Crews had to break in to the empty flat in Welsby Road, Leyland, at about 2.30pm on Saturday.

Watch Manager Ian Hainsworth said: “The occupant had left a pan of water and an egg and it had boiled dry and the egg had started to burn.

“We could hear the smoke alarm and we could smell the smoke and the neighbours said she had left the property.”

They climbed through the window and moved the pan, and used a fan for ventilation.