Fire wrecks roof of Euxton home

Fire engine
Fire engine
Share this article

A family have been forced to move out of their home after a fire swept through their loft.

Firefighters spent more than four hours tackling the blaze at the house in Hawkshead Avenue, Euxton, after being called at 2.15am on Friday, August 14.

It is thought the fire started after a fault in a halogen ceiling light.

A spokesman for the Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Because of the height of the fire we had to get am Aerial Ladder Platform out and make a hole in the roof for ventilation.

“The roof is badly damaged and so were the items stored in the loft.

“The occupants had managed to get themselves out of the house and were unharmed, but they were unable to stay in the house overnight.”

Fire crews asked the Red Cross to attend to support the family.