Girlfriend in emotional plea for teen’s return

Anthony Stubbs and Charlotte Mason
Anthony Stubbs and Charlotte Mason

The girlfriend of a missing Leyland teenager broke down in tears as his family begged ‘please come home’.

Anthony Stubbs, 16, has not been seen since leaving his home on Leyland Lane on November 25.

He has a four-month-old daughter, Lily, with girlfriend Charlotte Mason, 18.

Charlotte struggled to speak at an emotional press conference at Lancashire Police HQ yesterday where she was comforted by Anthony’s mum, Denise Machin.

Charlotte said: “It’s completely out of character for Anthony to go missing. We just want to know that he is safe, it is the not knowing which is so upsetting.

“We’ve been together for nearly two years now and this was Lily’s first Christmas which I know Anthony was really looking forward to, he had even bought her a stocking before she was born.

“Anthony was so proud when Lily arrived, he is a great dad and I just want him to come home and give her a cuddle; Lily’s missing her Daddy.

“Anthony we just want to know you are safe, please just get in touch and let us know you’re ok.”

Anthony, a year 11 student at Wellfield Business and Enterprise College, left the home he shares with Charlotte and their young daughter to go to his mother’s house on Southbrook Road, just a few minute’s walk away.

He had no phone or money with him. He has not been seen since.

His mum Denise said: “I have still got all his Christmas presents under the tree from family and friends.

“I honestly thought he would be back on Christmas Eve. He was looking forward to it as it was Lily’s first Christmas.”

“When he didn’t come I thought he was busy with the baby and Charlotte. And then I didn’t see him again. He loves Lily. He dotes on her.

“I just want him to come home, and if he’s not ready to come home then I want him to let someone know that he is safe. It’s the not knowing that is so upsetting.”

Asked if there was anything she would like to say to Anthony, Charlotte simply shook her head and put her head in her hands. When she was asked if she wanted to tell him she loved him, she nodded. She then stroked Lily’s hand. The pair would have been together for two years next month.

DI John Entwistle, of Lancashire Police, said there had been a number of sightings, including in Chorley and Manchester, which had not come to anything.

He said: “The family needs to know that Anthony is alive and well. Whether or not he wants to come home is a different matter. We will carry on looking for him until we get some closure and understanding on where he has gone to.

“I would also like to make a direct appeal to Anthony. You’re not in any trouble, we just want you to make contact with us or your family so that we know you are safe.”