Another fire broke out on the same Leyland street where a blaze killed a woman this week.
A washing machine set alight in a house on Leyland Lane last Thursday, and crews from Leyland and Bamber Bridge were called at around 11.10pm.
They used breathing apparatus, a hose reel, and lighting and ventilation units to extinguish the fire in the utility room, and to clear the property of smoke.
Nobody was reported to have been hurt.
Just days before, on Sunday, a 72-year-old died from a house fire a few doors down, as reported in last week’s Guardian (pictured).
Sunday’s fire was caused by a cigarette not being put out properly.
An investigation is underway into how the washing machine set alight in Thursday’s incident, but it is not thought to be suspicious.