Non-league round-up

Action from Bamber Bridge's 2-0 victory over Ossett Albion (photo: Paul Vause)
Action from Bamber Bridge's 2-0 victory over Ossett Albion (photo: Paul Vause)
Share this article

Bamber Bridge ran out 2-0 winners at home to Ossett Albion in the NPL First Division North.

Goals from Darren Green and Nicholas Platt before the break did the damage.

Lancaster City hammered Prescot Cables 5-0, thanks to goals from Gavin Clark (2), Zach Clark, Billy Akrigg and Ryan Winder.

And there was a home win for Clitheroe, 3-0 against Harrogate Railway Athletic.

Scott Bakkor got the opener with Sefton Gonzales scoring twice after the break.

But in the FA Trophy first qualifying round, Kendal Town went out, losing 4-0 at Blyth Spartans.

Robert Dale (2), Matthew Wade and Michael Richardson got Spartans’ goals.

But Burscough did make progress, winning 1-0 at home to Colwyn Bay, Jonathan Conway getting the only goal.

Southport came back to draw 1-1 with Aldershot in the National League after Jim Stephenson had given the visitors the lead in the 10th minute, firing a clearance from the keeper Max Crocombe straight back into the net.

Both sides had chances, Adam Blakeman shooting narrowly wide after a good run, and ex-Southport star Richard Brodie heading wide when it looked easier to score.

After Damon Lithrope had hit the bar for The Shots in the 53rd minute, the Sandgrounders got their equaliser within a minute, Luke Foster heading in from a Blakeman corner.

In injury time, Jack Ryan hit the bar and Southport had to be content with one point.

AFC Fylde warmed up for their huge FA Cup tie at Millwall with a 5-0 thrashing of Stalybridge Celtic.

There were no Halloween frights for Dave Challinor’s side as goals from Matty Hughes, Dion Charles, Danny Rowe (2) and Danny Lloyd sealed a 5-0 victory and ensured the Coasters remain top of the National League North table.

Challinor made just one change to the side that beat Barrow AFC last time out with Ben Hinchliffe replacing Matt Urwin in goal.

But it was at the other end where the bulk of the action was, with Lloyd racing clear from the halfway line to complete the rout.